Some instructors would like to display a feed from Twitter directly in a course site. You are able to do this by first creating a Twitter “widget," then copying the HTML code of that widget into GauchoSpace using the HTML block.
Create a widget:
- To create the widget, visit https://publish.twitter.com/
- Paste or type your Twitter URL in the dialog box. Alternatively, scroll down and select the appropriate option.
- Next, click Copy Code to copy the HTML code generated, or customize your widget before copying the code.
- Once you have generated and copied this code, you will want to display it in your course site using an HTML block.
Display on your GauchoSpace site:
- Log in to GauchoSpace and enter your course site.
- Turn editing on.
- On the lower right side of the site, find the Add a block dropdown menu and find HTML to add an HTML block.
- Your course will refresh and the new HTML block will be added to your site.
- Find the newly-added HTML block on the right side of the site and click the gear icon and select Configure (new HTML block) block in the list.
- In the block settings enter a name for the block (e.g. "Twitter Feed"). Then, click the show more icon, which is the first icon on the top row.
- Click the HTML button, which is labeled with an opening and closing tag in the bottom row of the text editor.
- This will change the view of the text editor to accept HTML code. Paste the code you copied from Twitter into this box. Click the Save changes button.
- You will be taken to your course homepage, where the Twitter widget will appear in the side navigation of your site. To move it, just click and drag the box when editing is turned on.