By default, email addresses in GauchoSpace are hidden from other participants. This has the effect of giving messages sent via GauchoSpace a <no-reply> email address (both Instructor Announcements and Peachmail).
To change this so that students are able to reply to your messages in their email, you need to update your email preferences in your profile:
- Log in to GauchoSpace.
- On your Dashboard page, in the UCSB Course Overview block, click edit my profile.
- Scroll to Privacy. In the Email display field, select Allow only other course members to see my email address.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Update profile.
Now students may reply to your messages from their personal email. These replies will be sent directly to your email address.
Email the Instructor or TA block
If you want to allow students to directly message instructors or teaching assistants from a GauchoSpace course site, you should add the Email an Instructor or TA block to your course site. To add this block, follow these steps:
- Log in to GauchoSpace and enter your course site.
- Turn editing on.
- Find the Add a block drop-down and add the Email Instructor or TA block.
- Now students may send messages to Instructors' and TAs' email addresses directly from the GauchoSpace course site.