You can join the rosters together for two courses. This is necessary when a course is cross-listed and can be useful when an instructor wants one course site for multiple sections of a course. Combining rosters will place each roster into a group in your course site.
To merge your rosters please do the following:
- Log in to GauchoSpace.
- Create only one of the course sites you would like to merge. DO NOT create both or all course sites that will be merged (if you already created more than one course site, see how to delete an unused course site).
- Enter the course site you just created.
- In the UCSB Course Tool block, click Merge Rosters Tool.
- At the top of the list you should see the name of the course for which all additional sections/sites will be merged. Make sure that this is correct.
- Course rosters that may be merged into the current site are listed. Check the rosters/courses you would like to have merged.
- Click Add roster.
- A confirmation page will appear stating the action you are about to take. Review carefully. Click Add Students.
- You will be taken back to the Merge Rosters view page. Your rosters have been merged. You can view all students including the newly added students by going to the Administration Block and clicking Users > Enrolled Users.
Once you merge the rosters, you will want to rename the course site to reflect that it is for multiple enrollments. You can edit the name under the Change course name section on the merge rosters page.