You can join the rosters together for two courses. This is necessary when a course is cross-listed and can be useful when an instructor wants one course site for multiple sections of a course. By default, GauchoSpace will automatically create your course sites in most situations. This means that you will need to delete one of the course sites in order to be able to merge it with another.
Combining rosters will place each roster into a group in your course site.
To merge your rosters please do the following:
- Log in to GauchoSpace.
- Enter the course site you wish to be the master site.
- In the UCSB Course Tool block, click Merge Rosters Tool.
- In the instructions text, click the link to delete an unused course site (see the screenshot below).
- Select the duplicate course site that you wish to delete and confirm your choice. This course will now appear as an option to merge with. Select the desired course and confirm your selection.
- Course rosters that may be merged into the current site are listed. Check the rosters/courses you would like to have merged.
- Click Add roster.
- A confirmation page will appear stating the action you are about to take. Review carefully. Click Add Students.
- You will be taken back to the Merge Rosters view page. Your rosters have been merged. You can view all students including the newly added students by going to the Administration Block and clicking Users > Enrolled Users.
Once you merge the rosters, you will want to rename the course site to reflect that it is for multiple enrollments. You can edit the name under the Change course name section on the merge rosters page.