March 2019: GauchoSpace is now importing student ID photos from Access cards. Photos that had previously been uploaded to student profiles have been overridden, however students can still upload their own photo to replace their ID photo. To replace your ID photo follow the steps below.
Students can upload a photo of themselves through their Profile. There can be many benefits to having a profile photo, including helping your instructor know who you are. Instructors are able to see your photo in numerous places including grade screens, participant screens and activity screens. Your fellow students in the course sites can also see your photo in the participant screen and activity screens. You can also control who may view your photo by changing the settings in the 'privacy' section of your profile settings.
To upload a new photo, you'll need to edit your profile.
- Log in to GauchoSpace.
- In your UCSB Course block, click edit my profile.
- Scroll down to the User picture area.
- Drag and drop your photo (the image should be a .jpg or .png file) into the new picture upload area.
- If you enter a description, it will be seen when a user hovers their mouse over your picture.
- Scroll down to the Privacy area.
- Set your privacy setting - by default, all the people in your course site can see your picture.
- Click Update profile at the bottom of the page.