If you already created more than one course site but need to merge your rosters, you will need to delete a site (or sites) first, so that those rosters can be added to the primary site. You are only able to delete course sites without student activity. To delete a course site and then merge the rosters, please do the following:
- Log in to GauchoSpace.
- Enter the course site you wish to use for those rosters.
- In the UCSB Course Tools block, click Merge Rosters Tool.
- Click the link in the text in the middle of the page (where it says click "here" to delete a course site). On the next screen, click the "X" button next to the site you'd like to delete. You can delete any site without any student activity.
After deleting the site(s) you can merge the rosters by doing the following:
- In the site for which you would like to merge rosters, in the UCSB Course Tools block (found in the upper right hand corner), click Merge Rosters Tool.
- At the top of the list you should see the name of the course for which all additional sections/sites will be merged. Make sure that this is correct.
- Course rosters that may be merged into the current site are listed. Check the rosters/courses you would like to have merged.
- Click Add roster (found at the bottom of the page).
- A confirmation page will appear stating the action you are about to take. Review carefully. Click Add Students.
- You will be taken back to the Merge Rosters view page. Your rosters have been merged. You can view all students including the newly added students by going to the Administration block and clicking Users, then clicking Enrolled Users.