Faculty and staff email listings in GauchoSpace are populated by the information in the Campus Directory. To change the email displayed there, you can log in to the UCSB Identity Editor and update your directory information. Please note that you can't edit the email field in your user profile on GauchoSpace.
You will need to follow a few steps to change your email address:
- Log in to https://secure.identity.ucsb.edu/editor/ using your UCSBnetID and password.
- If you would like to change the email address that is listed in the Campus Directory (your Primary UCSB email address), click the section "Edit Primary Department Information" to expand. Under "Business Email," enter the new email address. Scroll to the bottom and click "Update Profile," then log out.
- If you would like to list an alternate email address for GauchoSpace purposes only, and do not wish to change your primary business email for UCSB, you may do so by adding a secondary business email. Instead of entering the email in the Primary Department information, click the "Secondary Department Information" section and enter the email in the "Business Email" box there. Scroll to the bottom and click "Update Profile," then log out.
Wait 10-20 minutes for this to update, then:
- Log in to GauchoSpace at: https://gauchospace.ucsb.edu/
- On your My home page, in the UCSB Course Overview block, click directly on your email address. It should now have a pencil icon next to it if the changes have gone through.
- Select your new email address to use from the drop-down menu.
- Click Save Changes.