GauchoSpace will automatically add the appropriate Teaching Assistant to your course site when they are officially listed by the department. *Note: You may check to see if your TA(s) have already been added to your course site by clicking on Users>Enrolled Users in the Administration block.
If they haven't been listed yet, you'll need to follow these steps on how to add a user with a UCSBNetID.
- On Step 4, enter the Teaching Assistant's name, UCSBnetID, or UCSB email. *Note: Most Teaching Assistants have a Umail address as their primary email.
- Choose the appropriate role from the drop-down in the center (Editing TA or Non-Editing TA). For more information on roles, please see this help page on assigning roles in GauchoSpace.
If the Teaching Assistant has been automatically added into your course site, he/she will be given a Non-Editing TA role. If you want to promote his/her role to an Editing TA, follow the steps below:
- Log in to GauchoSpace and enter your course site.
- In the UCSB Course Tool block, click on Add User/Assign Roles.
- At the bottom of the page, select Promote TA to Editing TA.
- Check the box next to any TAs whom you would like to make Editing TAs. Click Save changes.