GauchoSpace automatically adds Teaching Assistant(s) to your course site once they are listed in STAR by your department.
If your TA has not been listed in STAR but they need access to your course site, you can manually add them to your course site. This article explains how to:
Note: You can check to see if your TA(s) have already been added to your course site (or check their role) by clicking Users > Enrolled Users in the Administration block.
Manually Adding a TA to Your Course Site
- Log in to GauchoSpace and enter your course site.
- In the UCSB Course Tool block, click Add User/Assign Roles.
- Click Add UCSB User/Assign Roles.
- In the search box on the bottom right, enter the TA's first and last name, UCSBnetID, or UCSB email. Most Teaching Assistants will have a .ucsb.edu address as their primary email.
- Once the user appears in the "Not enrolled users" list, click on their name to highlight it.
- Choose the user's appropriate role from the drop-down menu in the center (Editing TA or Non-Editing TA). For more information on these participant roles, see the help page about participant roles in GauchoSpace.
- Click Add.
Changing a Non-Editing TA into an Editing TA
If your Teaching Assistant has been automatically added into your course site, they will be given a Non-Editing TA role. If you want to promote their role to an Editing TA, follow the steps below.
Log in to GauchoSpace and enter your course site.
In the UCSB Course Tool block, click Add User/Assign Roles.
Below the text box, click Promote TA to Editing TA.
On the next page, check the box next any TAs who you want to promote to the Editing TA role. Click Save changes.