A spreadsheet containing grades may be uploaded to the gradebook if offline grading is preferred. It is recommended to first export a blank spreadsheet from the gradebook to enter grades into, then upload back to the gradebook after grades have been entered.
NOTE: GauchoSpace only allows for grades to be imported via CSV (Comma Separated Value) file. If you have an Excel spreadsheet, please save it as a CSV file first.
You should also have at least the perm number, preferably in the first column of your CSV file, for each student in order to import. You should not have commas appearing in any fields in your spreadsheet; when you convert it to CSV it will read these commas as field separators and not import correctly.
- Log in to GauchoSpace and enter your course site.
- In the Administration Block, click Grades.
- Click Import.
- Make sure the default tab, Verbose Import, is selected.
- Click Choose a file and locate the CSV file on your computer that you want to upload or drag and drop the CSV file into the drop region.
- Click Upload Grades.
- Under Identify user by choose Map From: perm number and Map To: perm number.
- In the Grade Item Mappings section the columns in your CSV file are on the left. The grade items already in your gradebook are in the drop down menus. Match the appropriate grades from your CSV file on the left with the grade items in the drop down menu. For grade items you don't want to import (update) you can leave those as Ignore.
- Click Upload grades.
- You should see an Import File Summary note in green showing you how many grades are being updated.
- Click Update and you should be shown a note that your import was a success. Click Continue to return to your gradebook.