Online Orientation to GauchoSpace for Instructors/TAs
If you are new to using GauchoSpace as an Instructor/TA, or are a returning instructor who has not used GauchoSpace for several quarters, it may be helpful to enroll yourself in our Online Orientation site.
Teaching Assistants looking for assistance, please click here.
Online Orientation Site
To better accommodate Instructors' busy schedules, The Collaborate Introduction to GauchoSpace Orientation has now been made available online. Our Online Orientation site is a a self-paced course with documentation organized in Book Resources. During the orientation you will learn how to create your course site(s) and be introduced to the basic resources for communicating with students, editing your site, and managing your course content.
Before using the Online Orientation site:
Please check on the following items before enrolling in the Online Orientation (New instructors click here):
- Check that your UCSBnetID and password are active. You must have an active UCSBnetID in order to access the site. You can confirm your UCSBnetID status by logging into Identity's UCSBnetID diagnostics page.
- Verify that you are the Instructor of Record for your course. You can check this by logging into E-grades. If you see the course listed for which you would like to create a GauchoSpace course site, then you are marked as the Instructor of Record for that course.
If either of these items are not working for you, please seek assistance from your department staff.
Orientation Times - Summer/Fall 2017
- Collaborate offers training for GauchoSpace online through our Online Orientation site. If you would like to enroll yourself in our optional online orientation, please click the link below.
Enroll Yourself in the Online Orientation site
- In-person GauchoSpace Orientation sessions are currently scheduled by appointment, for either one-on-one or departmental group training sessions. If you are interested in scheduling a training, please submit a help ticket.
- UCSB Extension Instructors: GauchoSpace training sessions for Extension instructors are facilitated by Kim DeBacco, (805) 893-8957, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.