There are a number of ways to seek help for GauchoSpace. Technical help can be found by enrolling in the GauchoSpace Online Orientation site, searching this Help Center, by submitting a Help Ticket, or through the Faculty Resource Center's GauchoSpace Drop-In Support. Pedagogical or instructional support can be found through Instructional Development. Below is more information on each of these options:
- Online Orientation: If you are new to using GauchoSpace as a TA, it may be helpful to enroll yourself in our GauchoSpace Online Orientation site.
- Search the Help Center: Searching the Help Center for an answer is the recommended first option for seeking help. Many of the common questions can be quickly answered through a quick search.
- Submit a Help Ticket: When you submit a help ticket please be thorough in your explanation of the issue you have. We will answer your help ticket within 8 hours during normal UCSB business hours.
- Faculty Resource Center Drop-In Support: If you prefer in-person communication and support, please join us for Drop-In support. Drop-in support is also recommended for questions that require a high degree of visual communication, such as how to organize the gradebook. Drop-in hours for GauchoSpace assistance may be accessed by visiting the Faculty Resource Center:
Kerr Hall 1110
Monday - Friday
10:00am - 4:00pm
- GauchoSpace Workshops:
Intro to GauchospaceTuesday, September 10th 11am - Phelps 1514
- Instructional Development Support: If you are looking for pedagogical or instructional consultation, UCSB's department of Instructional Development can help. Please visit the Instructional Development website for more information on how to find consultation support.
Online Orientation to GauchoSpace for Instructors/TAs
If you are new to using GauchoSpace as an Instructor/TA, or are a returning instructor who has not used GauchoSpace for several quarters, it may be helpful to enroll yourself in our Online Orientation site.
Online Orientation Site
To better accommodate Instructors' busy schedules, The Collaborate Introduction to GauchoSpace Orientation has now been made available online. Our Online Orientation site is a a self-paced course with documentation organized in Book Resources. During the orientation you will learn how to create your course site(s) and be introduced to the basic resources for communicating with students, editing your site, and managing your course content.
Before using the Online Orientation site:
Please check on the following items before enrolling in the Online Orientation (New instructors click here):
- Check that your UCSBnetID and password are active. You must have an active UCSBnetID in order to access the site. You can confirm your UCSBnetID status by logging into Identity's UCSBnetID diagnostics page.
- Verify that you are the Instructor of Record for your course. You can check this by logging into E-grades. If you see the course listed for which you would like to create a GauchoSpace course site, then you are marked as the Instructor of Record for that course.
If either of these items are not working for you, please seek assistance from your department staff.
- In-person GauchoSpace Orientation sessions are currently scheduled by appointment, for either one-on-one or departmental group training sessions. If you are interested in scheduling a training, please submit a help ticket.
- UCSB Extension Instructors: If you are an instructor with UCSB Extension, please contact email@example.com for additional help with using GauchoSpace in an Extension course.