This Help Center article explains how to add a non-UCSB user (someone without a UCSBnetID) to your course site.
If you are trying to add a user who has a UCSBnetID, follow the instructions on this Help Center article for adding a user with a UCSBnetID.
Important Note: Only Instructors are able to add non-UCSB users.
How to add a Non-UCSB User to Your Course Site
- Log in to GauchoSpace and enter your course site.
- In the UCSB Course Tool block, click Add User/Assign Roles.
- Under the text box, click Add Non-UCSB User
- Select the desired role for the Non-UCSB User
- Non-UCSB users can be added with a course role of Student or Course Visitor.
- Learn more about the different roles here: Participant Roles in GauchoSpace
- Enter the email, first name, and last name of the person you wish to add. Double check that there are no spelling errors and that there are no extra spaces before or after the email address
- You can:
- Remove your email address from the From field.
- Select to be notified when the user accepts the invitation.