This Help Center article explains how to add a non-UCSB user (someone without a UCSBnetID) to your course site. If you are trying to add a user who has a UCSBnetID, follow the instructions on this Help Center article for adding a user with a UCSBnetID.
Important Note: Only participants with the following account credentials are able to add non-UCSB users: Instructor of Record, Employee of UCSB, Using a UCSBnetID to access GauchoSpace.
Adding a Non-UCSB User to Your Course Site
1. Log in to GauchoSpace and enter your course site.
2. In the UCSB Course Tool block, click Add User/Assign Roles.
3. Under the text box, click Add Non-UCSB User.
4. Enter the email, first name, and last name of the person you wish to add. Double check that there are no spelling errors and that there are no extra spaces before or after the email address.
5. Select the desired role for the Non-UCSB User by selecting either Student or Course Visitor. You can find more information about these roles by visiting this Help Center article about participant roles.
6. Click the Add Non-UCSB User button.
7. GauchoSpace will then send an email to the address you provided. The Non-UCSB user will need to open the email and follow a link to confirm that the email address is valid. They will then be asked by GauchoSpace to create a password before logging in.