This Help Center article explains how to add a non-UCSB user (someone without a UCSBnetID) to your course site. If you are trying to add a user who has a UCSBnetID, follow the instructions on this Help Center article for adding a user with a UCSBnetID.
Important Note: Only participants with the following account credentials are able to add non-UCSB users: Instructor of Record, Employee of UCSB, Using a UCSBnetID to access GauchoSpace.
Adding a Non-UCSB User to Your Course Site
1. Log in to GauchoSpace and enter your course site.
2. In the UCSB Course Tool block, click Add User/Assign Roles.
3. Under the text box, click Add Non-UCSB User.
4. Select either Student or Course Visitor for the role the user is to receive, you can find more information about these roles by visiting this Help Center article about participant roles. Enter the email, first name, and last name of the person you wish to add. Double-check that there are no spelling errors and that there are no extra spaces before or after the email address.
5. By default the From field will show your address in the invitation email to the user, to remove your email address from the email uncheck the box the corresponding box. You can also choose to check the box to be notified when the user accepts the invitation.
5. Click the Invite user button.
7. GauchoSpace will then send an email to the address you provided. The Non-UCSB user will need to open the email and follow a link to confirm that the email address is valid. They will then be asked by GauchoSpace to create a password before logging in.