A course crasher is a student who is not officially enrolled in a course via GOLD, but who may need access to online course materials.
In certain situations, you may want to allow specific course crashers to enroll themselves in your GauchoSpace course site. To do this, you will need to create an enrollment key through GauchoSpace that will allow these students to enroll themselves in your course site as a Course Crasher.
- Log in to GauchoSpace and enter your course site.
- In the Administration block click Users, then click Enrollment Methods.
- Next to Course Crasher (Student), click the eye icon to open the eye.
- Next to Course Crasher (Student), click the gear icon to change the settings.
- Next to Allow new enrollments, select Yes from the drop-down menu. NOTE: You can limit the amount of time a course crasher is enrolled in the course by changing the settings for enrollment duration.
- Enter a simple word in the Enrollment key text box. This will be the password that you will provide to the course crasher(s).
- At the bottom of the page, click Save changes.
- Share the Enrollment key that you entered with course crashers so they can enroll themselves in the course.