Instructors can allow all GuachoSpace users to view course materials and provide them with an option to become a participant in the course website if they choose. In this scenario, course crashers can turn in assignments and/or participate in discussion forums.
Alternatively, if you wish to only allow users to view materials (but not participate in) you can allow Guest access. To enable guest access, follow these instructions here: Allow all GauchoSpace users access to your course site
- Log in to GauchoSpace and enter your course site.
- In the Administration block, click Users. Then, click Enrollment Methods.
- Next to Course Crasher (Student), click the eye icon to open.
- Click on the gear icon to edit the settings for your Course Crashers.
- Ensure Allow new enrollments is set to "Yes" from the drop-down menu. Review and update the other settings as needed:
- Enrollment key allows you to set a password
- You can limit the amount of time a course crasher is enrolled in the course by changing the settings for Enrollment duration.
- You can set up a maximum number of course crashers enrolled in your course in the Max enrolled users option.