GauchoSpace Course sites from Fall 2011 - Spring 2015 are all held on archived servers for viewing ONLY. Sites after Spring 2015 can be imported by the Instructor or an Editing TA. Note: If you want to make changes to an archived site in preparation for a future quarter, please request a Sandbox Site.
Use the list below to determine whether you can Import your materials or need to request a restore. If your older GauchoSpace course site was created in one of the quarters on this list, you are able to import materials using Option 1. If it does not, please use Option 2.
Quarters that can be imported by Instructors and Editing TAs:
- Summer 2015
- Fall 2015
- Winter 2016
- Spring 2016
- Summer 2016
- Fall 2016
- Winter 2017
- Spring 2017
- Summer 2017
- Fall 2017
- Winter 2018
- Spring 2018 (current quarter)
Option 1: Import materials from a course site that is after Spring 2015
Importing will move all materials from a previous course site into your current quarter's course site. You first need to create your GauchoSpace course site for the current quarter, then please follow these steps:
- Log in to GauchoSpace.
- Go to the NEW course where you want the materials to appear.
- In the Administration Block click Import.
- Select the radio button next to the course you would like to import, or search for it if it is not on the page. Note: The search function is very sensitive. If you are not finding your course by searching with the course number, try using the course title.
- Click Continue.
- Uncheck all materials that you do NOT wish to import. Note: Do not uncheck any materials if you would like to import your gradebook from an older course. Doing a partial import will not carry over your gradebook information into the new site. You will need to import ALL materials if you wish to carry over the previous site's gradebook structure, including any manually-created items and your gradebook's aggregation method and values.
- Click Next at the bottom of the page.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Next.
- Once again, click Perform import at the bottom of the page (Import: confirmation and review, should be at the top of the page).
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and it should say Import complete! Continue to your course -- Click Continue.
- The materials from the old course should now appear in your new course.
Option 2: Import materials from a GauchoSpace course from Fall 2011 - Spring 2015
We will need to manually complete this process. To expedite this action, please do the following:
- Create your course site for the current quarter. (We will import materials from your previous course site into this site)
- Find your previous course site on an archived GauchoSpace server and copy the link. Links to the archived servers.
- Submit a help request with the link to your previous course site and the full name of your current course site in the description.