Starting with Fall 2018, GauchoSpace is switching to a model where most course sites will be autocreated for instructors. Rather than using the Course Site Creator tool, your course sites will automatically be created at the appropriate site creation time. The new course sites should appear on your dashboard. They will be hidden from students by default and will be created using the weekly format.
Course sites will only be automatically created in your account if you are listed as the Instructor of Record (IOR). Generally, the instructor's home department will list IORs in STAR/GOLD. Please note that it may take 4-8 hours for changes in STAR/GOLD to sync with GauchoSpace. If you believe you are listed as the IOR and your course site is still not appearing, please submit a help ticket.
Please also note that automatic course site creation may be complicated by courses that are dual-listed across multiple departments. Please use the Course Deletion and Roster Merge tool or submit a help ticket for assistance in this situation.
Most course sites are automatically created (but not all), so in the event that a course hasn't been created, but an instructor wants to use GauchoSpace, they can still use the course site creator tool (an example of this might include a small independent study course, or the cross-listed courses) by using the following instructions:
- Log in to GauchoSpace and navigate to the Home page.
- Find the Course Site Creator tool on the right side of the page.
- If you are mapped as an Instructor of Record (IOR) for this current quarter or next, you will see the course name and a green plus icon next to it. Click on the green plus icon to create your course (If you do not see this and you believe you are mapped as the IOR in the STAR/GOLD database please submit a help ticket. Recent changes in GOLD may take 4-8 hours to sync to Gauchospace. You can check if you are the IOR by logging into egrades).
- Read the news items and click OK.
- Your course should now be ready for you to edit.
Note: If you are new to using GauchoSpace as an Instructor, or are a returning instructor who has not used GauchoSpace for several quarters, it may be helpful to enroll yourself in our GauchoSpace Online Orientation site.