This Help Center article explains how to manually add a UCSB user (someone with a UCSBnetID) to your course site.
If you are trying to add a non-UCSB user who does not have a UCSBnetID, follow the instructions on this Help Center article for adding a user without a UCSBnetID.
How to Manually Add a UCSB User to Your Course Site
- Log in to GauchoSpace and enter your course site.
- In the UCSB Course Tool block, click Add User/Assign Roles.
- In the text box, click Add UCSB User/Assign Roles.
- In the search box on the bottom right, enter the user's first and last name, UCSBnetID, or UCSB email.
Select the name of the person you want to add.
- Users must have an active UCSBnetID and have logged in to GauchoSpace at least once in order to populate in the database.
- If you do not find the user, ask them to first log in to GuachoSpace. This creates their account in the database and you will then be able to add them.
Select the desired role from the drop-down menu in the center.
- The default role is student.
- Learn more about the different roles here: Participant Roles in GauchoSpace