This Help Center article explains how to manually add a UCSB user (someone with a UCSBnetID) to your course site. If you are trying to add a non-UCSB user who does not have a UCSBnetID, follow the instructions on this Help Center article for adding a user without a UCSBnetID.
Manually Adding a UCSB User to Your Course Site
1. Log in to GauchoSpace and enter your course site.
2. In the UCSB Course Tool block, click on Add User/Assign Roles.
3. Click Add UCSB User/Assign Roles.
4. In the search box on the bottom right, enter the user's first and last name, UCSBnetID, or UCSB email.
5. Once the user appears in the "Not enrolled users" list, click on their name to highlight it.
6. Choose the user's role from the drop-down menu in the center. For more information on these participant roles, see the Help Center article about participant roles in GauchoSpace.
7. Click the Add button.