This document indicates where students can find the grades that have been posted in Canvas.
Note: All or some grade details in a Canvas course may be restricted. If you are not finding your grades in Canvas, check the syllabus for the instructor's specific grading and communication instructions, or contact your instructor.
When available, the overall grades of courses that students are taking can be viewed in the Dashboard. Follow these steps to access all the current courses' grades as a student:
- Log in to Canvas.
- Click View Grades at the bottom of the Dashboard's sidebar.
- A list of the available overall course grades will appear. If instructors have not entered grades yet or have a restricted grade view, a No Grade message will display.
Note: The overall grade displayed in Canvas might not accurately reflect your final grade. For a more accurate calculation of your final grade, please refer to the syllabus and follow the grading policies in your syllabus.
Note: If an instructor hides the Grades link from the Course Navigation Menu, students will not be able to access their gradebook and view their grades.
If the Grades link in the Course Navigation Menu is available, follow these steps to view a course's grades in the Gradebook:
- Log in to Canvas and navigate to your course.
- Click Grades in the Course Navigation Menu. A number to the right of Grades in the Course Navigation Menu will indicate that there are new grades to review.
- The Grades page will display the Global Settings at the top and below a table with information about the Assignment status and available grades.
- In the Global Settings, students can choose what course's grades to view, and can arrange the grades by due date, assignment group, module, or name. They can also generate a PDF version of the page, view their Total grade with or without considering all the assignments, and manage the "What-if" option (more information here). When the grade distribution scoring details are enabled, students will also have access to the summary statistics of the class grades for each assignment.
- The table underneath the global settings displays a list of all the graded assignments, their due date, any update on the status of the assignment, and the score (when available). It will use different icons to represent information about the submissions (more information about the icons and their meanings here) It will also show when they submitted an assignment late, when there is a missing submission or when they have been excused from an assignment. Underneath the list of assignments, the students will find the Assignment groups scores and, at the bottom of the table, the Total score. More information about the student's experience viewing the gradebook can be found here.
Note: Instructors must enter the grades in Canvas in order for students to see their grades on the Assignment's Page.
Students can view their assignment grade by locating the assignment in the Canvas Course and clicking on it. Once on the assignment's page, the assignment's grade will be located at the top right corner.
Students can view their quiz scores by locating the quiz in the Canvas Course and clicking on it. Once on the quiz' page, the final score will be located in the Last Attempt Details sidebar next to Kept Score. Note that the kept score might be different than the Current Score. Instructors will determine whether the Kept Score is the highest, the latest, or an average of the attempts.