Grant Share Access to Others
To allow other people to access your share, use the LSIT Services - Permissions Tool
Important Note: DO NOT share your personal password with anyone. Doing so is a violation of UC policy, and may compromise your identity.
Access Shares Using Remote Files
For help using Remote Files, please see our Remote Files Guide.
Access Your Shares Using FTP(S)/SFTP
- Use the appropriate hostname:
- Web: webshare.lsit.ucsb.edu
- Additional Settings:
- Host Directory for File or Web: dept/sharename (e.g. anth/digging)
- Username: LSIT Username
- Password: LSIT Password
- Specific Settings for FTP(S):
- Use SSL/TLS or FTPS encryption: Unencrypted connections are not allowed.
- Connection Port: Port 21
- Specific Settings for SFTP:
- Connection Port: Port 22
Important Note: If prompted, accept the Server Host Key when using an SFTP client and connecting to a webshare for the first time. The key should match one of the following:
- RSA key fingerprint: b9:14:8d:ce:74:30:63:7c:df:f5:43:df:5d:48:6a:7f
- DSA key fingerprint: 49:56:87:bf:20:2b:a8:4d:06:43:e3:de:f7:44:e2:2b
Access Shares Using Samba
Samba is only available from on campus.
- For Windows:
- Web: \\fileshare.lsit.ucsb.edu\webshare
- For Mac OS X:
- Web: smb://fileshare.lsit.ucsb.edu/webshare
Here are some examples from popular SFTP clients (substitute your appropriate settings based on above):
Fetch General Settings (Mac) - make sure that Passive FTP is checked in the preferences.