Grant Share Access to Others
To allow other people to access your share, use the LSIT Services - Permissions Tool
Important Note: DO NOT share your personal password with anyone. Doing so is a violation of UC policy, and may compromise your identity.
Please connect to the Pulse Secure VPN before attempting to connect to your webshare(s). More information on downloading and installing the VPN can be found here: https://www.it.ucsb.edu/pulse-secure-campus-vpn/get-connected-vpn.
Access Your Shares Using FTP(S)/SFTP
- Use the hostname: webshare.lsit.ucsb.edu
- Additional Settings:
- Host Directory for File or Web: dept/sharename (e.g. anth/digging)
- Username: LSIT Username
- Password: LSIT Password
- Specific Settings for FTP(S):
- Use SSL/TLS or FTPS encryption: Unencrypted connections are not allowed.
- Connection Port: Port 21
- Specific Settings for SFTP:
- Connection Port: Port 22
Important Note: If prompted, accept the Server Host Key when using an SFTP client and connecting to a webshare for the first time. The key should match one of the following:
- RSA key fingerprint: b9:14:8d:ce:74:30:63:7c:df:f5:43:df:5d:48:6a:7f
- DSA key fingerprint: 49:56:87:bf:20:2b:a8:4d:06:43:e3:de:f7:44:e2:2b
Access Shares Using Samba
Samba is only available from on campus.
- For Windows:
- Web: \\fileshare.lsit.ucsb.edu\webshare
- For Mac OS X:
- Web: smb://fileshare.lsit.ucsb.edu/webshare
Here are some examples from popular SFTP clients (substitute your appropriate settings based on above):
Fetch General Settings (Mac) - make sure that Passive FTP is checked in the preferences.