1) Open the Start Menu
2) Type “Printer” and open “Printers & Scanners”
3) Click on “+” next to “Add a printer or scanner
4) Click on “The Printer that I want isn’t listed”
5) “Find a printer by other options” should come up. Click on the option for “Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname, then click ‘Next’
6) “Type a printer hostname or IP address” should come up. Select ‘TCP/IP Device’ for the ‘Device Type’ dropdown menu.
7) If you do not know the IP address of the printer you wish to install, please contact your department administrator or LSIT, alternatively you can go to your printer and retrieve its IP Address through the network options/settings. If you know the IP address of your printer, skip to step 11.
(these steps will vary by printer) Click on the home button on your printer.
8) Scroll down to “How To Connect”
9) Scroll down to “Network Address”
10) You can then scroll down and find the IP Address, write it down to type in on your computer in the next step.
11) Enter the IP address next to “Hostname or IP address:” (the “Port name:” field should fill in as you enter the IP address above) then click “Next”.
*If you are unable to find the IP address of the printer please check with your MSO and/or email LSIT at firstname.lastname@example.org for the IP address.*
12) The computer will then connect to the printer.
13) You will be than asked to pick a driver for the printer.
14) Type in a preferred name for the printer for you to identify it.
15) If the following “Printer Sharing” window comes up, select “Do not share this printer” and click next.
16) Your printer should then have been added, you will want to click on “Print a test page” to confirm.
17) Check the printer to see if it printed the test page.