Enrolled students are allotted 200 black-and-white prints per quarter to use for their academic printing needs at any of the PrintSpot locations. A "print" is considered one printed side of a piece of paper, so a double-sided printed paper will count as two prints.
PrintSpot does not have the ability to charge for excess printing and prints do not roll-over to subsequent quarters. Fee-based printing exists at the UCSB Library or UCen Alternative Digital Printing.
To use the PrintSpot:
- Go to one of the Collaborate Student Support Center's Open Access Labs.
- Pull up your document on one of our open lab computers.
- You cannot print directly from a personal laptop computer.
- To access the document, you can upload it to Box and then log in to your Box account on our lab computer.
- Print the document (File> Print). Set the printing settings according to your desire (Double-sided, layout, etc.).
- If printing from the Internet browser (from email, Google drive, etc.), download the document to the desktop first.
- Take note of your computer number, marked with a label on the computer monitor.
- Go to the print station computer and log in with your UCSBnetID and password.
- Select your document by identifying the computer number and document name.
- Go to the corresponding printer (print station A-> printer A) to find your print job.