The Collaborate Student Support Center (SSC) offers assistance with campus instructional technologies by email, phone, and at Helpdesk locations. Additionally, the SSC supports Collaborate PrintSpots. The SSC is run by students for students and is always accepting applications for student employment.
Helpdesk locations provide walk-up support for U-Mail and UCSBnetID problems and answers to general software questions. They also provide how-to guides and manage access to printing and scanning.
The goal of Collaborate is to create a technically enhanced educational experience for students in Letters & Science (L&S) courses by providing faculty with a rich set of supported technologies to use as part of their instructional efforts, and by providing students with supported access to instructional materials and tools in classrooms, computer labs, and on the Internet.
Supported services include:
• Scheduled and Open Access computer labs throughout campus
• Printing services - including 200 free prints/qtr. at our Collaborate PrintSpots
• Free Software Workshops: http://collaborate.ucsb.edu/services/student/workshops
• Free How-to guides: https://ucsb.box.com/v/ssc-qrs
• U-Mail Help Desks (Phelps 1521 , HSSB 1203, LSCF [Psych East] 1804, Music 1401; 805-893-4357)
• UCSBnetID support
• UCSB Connect Box support
COLLABORATE services are funded largely by the L&S Instructional Technology Fee.
Follow us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/UCSBCSSC
Follow us on Twitter! https://twitter.com/UCSB_CSSC